Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lost, yet Hopeful

     It seems that the world around me has turned from a pointed whirlwind of one sort or another, where I could determine the true nature of an experience and label it thusly, to a squall of the most anomalous, confusing combinations of experiences that I've ever had to filter through. Any given day of late could be described by that famous line from A Tale of Two Cities, and it is certainly interesting to be presented with such sets of emotion simultaneously. Perhaps I'm even managing to project this conflict onto the world around me, as things become less and less certain the more I analyze them. I see all of the possibilities, and none of the truths behind them. That is more frustrating than I can state, but it's led me to a point of almost passive observance of the interactions of the people around me. I interject from time to time, where I feel it's warranted, but overall I try usually to remain in the position of the listener. I do this because I am sure that as I look back at this period of my life, I will be more glad for the things I heard than the things I've said.

    I met someone interesting many months ago, but my inability to function the way other men do in social situations left me at a loss in trying to foster a friendship. Now, for some reason unbeknownst to me, this person seems almost ever-present in my consciousness. The thing that makes it most interesting at the moment is the fact that at first I viewed this person upon introduction as being harsh, and combative, almost unpalatable; but now, even though we still hardly ever agree on most important issues, I feel the murmurings of something on a cosmic level. I'm not sure what role I am to play in their life, or what they will play in mine, but I am glad to have the opportunity to experience them in whatever capacity I am able. It is so hard, however disappointing this may be, to find any decent intellectual conversation, especially when it's not based purely on rhetoric... When I try to read this person, and really look into their eyes, I see that same spark that smolders within my own heart.

I've found a kindred spirit.

Outside of my generally useless musings on the social front (or at least useless as far as their ability to aid or inform the reader is concerned) the progression of life is continuing at its walking pace, but I do sense an upcoming descent down the proverbial hill that will begin to give me the momentum I need to journey forth to wherever it is I'm now headed. Alliances have been tried, new ones have been forged, old ones have been broken, and the cycle continues. This particular piece functions mainly as a method of whispering forth my wish of things to come, and for that I apologize, because I try most often to serve the reader rather than myself. If there is one piece of advice I can offer on this crisp and cloudless night:

Look to the moon, and know that I, too, am watching. For that moment, our consciousnesses are linked through common experience. It's almost as if I could close my eyes and drift up to it.

Do you feel it too?

1 comment: