Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dissemination of thoughts, and other such things.

For quite some time, I've been the sort of man whose ideas tend to stray away from the status quo. While I do not claim complete uniquity (and goodness, I would certainly HOPE I'm not alone) perhaps it's possible that what I have to say would be helpful to potential readers, and that maybe the experiences I've gained in my short life would be of use to someone who may be stuck somewhere on their journey.

Now that we've established the purpose of my writing, it might be best to give a cursory overview of what I feel I can offer here. Foremost, I am a musician. I feel music is the purest and most truthful expression of the soul, and it handles communication with far more grace than even I can muster with my command of the oft-clumsy word. I am a teacher, insomuch as what knowledge and wisdom I accrue on my path, I then turn and share with others. That may be my most potent contribution to society. I am also a student, as far as the literal definition goes. I am still in school, yes, but at this point the capacity to develop from life experiences has been gained, and all further instruction is just expedited advancement on roads I already tread. I am a composer of both the note and the written word, and that may be the chief reason for the existence of this page. I've dabbled in a great deal as far as the creation and assemblage of those things are concerned, and I've turned out a few moderate successes thus far. I am a Jew, of the messianic variety, which in layman's terms tends to put me closer to the protestant faith than the Jewish orthodoxy. I am an American, and seeing as my country is thusly divided at the moment, I must further clarify and include my Conservatism.

Utmost, however, among the myriad things I may be labeled; I am a man. A man who stands by virtue when the flow of morality shifts and those like myself are left to brave the current. I am a man who loves dearly, and thinks deeply, and who strives to appreciate those things the world has left behind. I am a man with scars, because when one lives their life with an open heart, cruel things slip in. Sometimes they do so under the guise of respect and understanding, before shedding their cloak and revealing themselves. Nevertheless, pain considered, I would choose this path over that of cold, unrelenting apathy. I am simultaneously an optimist and a cynic, dependent on the subject at hand. I can discuss any topic with any person, so long as they have an open mind. I stand my ground on those things that compose my being, and have found a place of righteousness within me. I struggle, as any person does in this harsh yet beautiful world, and living life day to day sometimes is a burden of undue difficulty. Most importantly, I must say, even though I have laid out before you all of these things I believe I am, the true determination of my character in your mind lies on your shoulders. Form your opinions, question me, test me, befriend me, navigate away from the page as if this is no more than over-inflated rhetoric, but follow your heart.

There's a cliche to start off what will hopefully become a vibrant literary adventure, follow your heart as I will follow mine. I have no notoriety, I am no different than you, but you can trust me to always give an honest opinion, and friendly advice. Visit me from time to time, perhaps as this develops I may say something that is of use to you. Feel free to subscribe, share me with your friends, send me letters of hate or admiration, send me questions, tell me about your day, whatever you need. This is my niche, and I welcome all of you to it. Take care of yourselves, and act out of love.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment